Children, Normal Behavior and ADD

There are some people who benefit from being diagnosed Memory Hack Review with ADHD or adult ADHD, and then there are those who do not. What's important here is that you be aware of what might be causing difficulties for you or a loved one. In last weeks New York Times Sunday Magazine, an article written by Daniel Carlat, M.D., entitled Mind over Meds, raises the hotly debated issue of the value of psychotherapy versus the value of psychotropic medications for treating mental illness. It also raises the issue of the unfortunate state of mental health care that is provided in this country.

Dr. Carlat, a psychiatrist and associate clinical professor of psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine, discusses that after several years of practicing he has come to the realization that to effectively treat his patients it is necessary to do more than simply diagnose and dispense medication, but also get to know them and provide supportive psychotherapy. I support Dr. Carlat's comments and the initiative he has taken to speak out about this very important topic. I hope that his article is one of several efforts that are made by the field of psychiatry to evolve beyond merely providing medication for the treatment of mental health issues.

Nonetheless, I find it disturbing that getting to know and understand one's own patient instead of trying to peg them into a diagnostic category would be a revelation or a novel concept. Beyond the fact that the efficacy of psychotherapy has been long established by countless studies (either as an alternative or in conjunction with psychotropic medications), it is common sense that mental health professionals need to know the patient sitting in front them in order to provide effective care.

https://healthinfluencer.net/memory-hack-system-review/